Aggressive defense of your rights in all matters relating to family law as well as criminal law
Winiviere G. Sy (“Wini”)
Winiviere G. Sy ("Wini") has been practicing family law exclusively since 2004. Wini earned a B.S. in Physiological Science from UCLA and her J.D. from Whittier Law School.
Ms. Sy was also a member of the Whittier School of Law Review. After obtaining her J.D., Wini was an associate attorney for a prominent Orange County family law firm for two years. She also externed for the Honorable Commissioner Richard G. Vogl (Ret.) in Santa Ana where she worked in a number of areas including observation and reporting for the Domestic Violence Restraining Order Calendar, Juvenile Court, the Order to Show Cause Calendar and Trial Calendar.
Ms. Sy is dedicated to giving back to the community. While attending law school, she was awarded a Public Interest Law Foundation Summer Grant, with which she chose to clerk at Protection & Advocacy, Inc., a public interest law firm that advocates for the rights of individuals with developmental disabilities. In addition, while pursuing her undergraduate degree, Ms. Sy served as a teaching assistant at UCLA and as a literacy tutor and mentor at Aman, Inc. Science Discovery and Learning Center in LaBrea, where she taught children language, math and science skills.
Wini is also an avid yoga practitioner, practicing vinyasa and ashtanga yoga weekly.
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California
- J.D. – 2002
- Honors: Awarded a Public Interest Law Foundation Summer Grant
- Law Review: Whittier School of Law Review, Member
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- B.S. – 1999
- Honors: Teaching Assistant, UCLA
- Major: Physiological Science
Classes & Seminars
- Teaching Assistant, UCLA
- Literacy tutor and mentor, Aman, Inc. Science Discovery and Learning Center in LaBrea
- Hughes & Sullivan
- Commissioner Richard G. Vogl, Law Clerk
- Protection & Advocacy, Inc., Clerk
- Honorable Commissioner Richard G. Vogl (Ret.), Santa Ana, Extern
- Orange County Bar Association, 2004 – 2006
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2006 – Present
- South Bay Bar Association, 2006 – Present
- Family Law
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars, 2009
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars, 2010
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars, 2011
- Top Young Lawyers, 2009
- Super Lawyers, 2009-2010
Year Joined Firm